4 Steps to Shift from Fear-Based to Love-Based Living in the Aquarian Age
Fear is a mean and ugly thing. It can take down a village or ruin a person’s life by robbing them of the fulfillment of their greatest potential.
Funny thing is, in all its destructiveness, we don’t always see fear. We feel it, yes, but see it?
Fear lurks in corners, hides under couches, and settles quietly on our bones. Fear oozes from news headlines and seeps from many of the institutions we submit ourselves to each and every day. Fear dances on our fingertips and toes.
But we are so used to moving through it, being shown it, living in spite of it, that we don’t even notice fear anymore.
If we could take a magnifying glass and light it up, though, we’d see fear’s destructiveness:
- the way it cuts us off from our own magnificence
- the way it lures us to see the worst in ourselves and the worst in others
- the way it robs our days of their fullest capacity for joy and happiness
- the way it causes us to always imagine the worst-case scenario and then leads us to inadvertently create it by falling into a series of decisions that are restrained, defensive, and prophylactic rather than trusting, creative, and expansive.
We will receive what we take in, and we will get what we put out.
So if we take in fear and then live our lives based on fear, we will attract and bring back to us more smallness, limitation, and fear. And the cycle will repeat itself.
Whether this fear-based living came from your parents, past experiences or lives of trauma, or simply the neurobiology of the human species, is that the kind of life you want to live?
Afraid. Restrained. Defended. Always suspicious. Not trusting of others — or even yourself. Keeping yourself “safe” but small so you don’t get outed, hurt, or ostracized.
It’s not the kind of life I want to live anymore, and I invite you to join me on an adventure to release once and for all this outdated human paradigm of fear-based living.
While fear once served it’s purpose in keeping our species alive, it has now become an energy that has the capacity to destroy us, and we are being called to turn our backs on this old way that no longer supports us.
Current astrology supports that we are going through this shift (Mercury retrograde in Gemini — a revision of our mindsets — is squaring or aggravating Neptune in Pisces’ illusions of servitude and powerlessness).
As a water sign in astrology, I often feel the temperature of our collective world changing (Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio — can you relate?) This is the shift I am feeling right now, a call to not just release fear from our mindsets and our beings but to surgically remove it.
That sounds intense I know, but that’s exactly what we do when we discover cancer, and that is what fear has become to our individual selves and our species. It propagates hatred and destroys collaboration and innovation. It dims our own light and keeps us from fulfilling our soul contracts and soul missions.
If not fear-based living, what shall we replace this broken paradigm with?
But you already knew that somewhere inside of you, didn’t you? Because at our source, we are love-based beings.
Fear is an illusion that we experience here on earth, while love is the most permanent energy of all, one that follows us beyond our life as humans to our existence as spiritual creatures on the other side.
Here are some tips to help you shift from fear-based to love-based living:
- Throughout the week, tune into when you are feeling fear versus love and notice how different they feel in your body.
- As you get familiar with the difference between these two energies, next time you feel fear, intentionally shift to a vibration of love (yes, you can actually do this!)
- Notice how different love feels than fear and how it positively affects the way you see other people, how it reduces your anxiety levels, and gives you the confidence to make empowered and constructive decisions.
- Next time you are faced with a challenging situation, consciously make the shift from fear to love, choose your actions and reactions based on love, and enjoy the outcome.
If you are an intellectual or writerly type — or you are simply feeling the call during this Gemini season — you may even want to journal about how a lens of fear versus a lens of love affects how you see a particular challenging situation.
One difficult life situation. Two columns: one for fear, one for love. You will be amazed at how different the two columns are from each other as well as the potential decisions you will make from a place of fear versus love — all from a mindset shift that enables you to enjoy the feeling and the fruit of living in a higher, more pure vibration.
Remember, we will receive what we take in, and we will get what we put out. So trading fear-based living for love-based living will radically transform your life.
Are you in?
I sure am, and I am right there with you on the journey.
We are perfectly positioned right now to release the old and bring in the new as we are dwelling in the space between May 26th’s full moon lunar eclipse (which invites major release) and June 10th’s upcoming new moon solar eclipse (which invites a powerful new beginning).
Choosing love over fear is not always easy as this mindset has been ingrained in us over lifetimes, but it is DOABLE. This eclipse season I invite you to set your mind to it.
Suzanne Bellavista, M.S., is a life coach, astrologer, and spiritual teacher in the Berkshires, Western Massachusetts, and beyond. You can reach her here.